Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2011 Essentials a.k.a "Aurora" of "Colorado" family has released to manufacturing - an exciting milestone for the product, and for the entire SBS family.
According to Microsoft, SBS 2011 is ideal as a first server for small businesses with up to 25 users. It provides a cost-effective and easy-to-use solution to help protect data, organize and access business information from virtually anywhere, support the applications needed to run a business, and quickly connect to online services for e-mail, collaboration and line-of-business applications.
TechNet and MSDN subscribers will be able to download the bits in early April.
Below you will find product release cycle guidance:
- When can I get purchase SBS 2011 Essentials?
We expect SBS 2011 Essentials to be made available via all channels including VL starting May 1.
- What languages is SBS 2011 Essentials available in?
It'll be released in 19 languages including Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan), Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- When'll OEMs offer SBS 2011 Essentials?
Many OEMs and System Builders have already started building specific form factors and solutions based on SBS 2011 Essentials. We expect to start seeing them in the market starting May.
- When'll the Evaluation for SBS 2011 Essentials be made available?
It'll be released in early April.
- When'll I be able to download SBS 2011 Essentials via my TechNet or MSDN subscription?
Will be made available on MSDN and TechNet also in early April.
- When'll I be able to download SBS 2011 Essentials via MAPs or MPN?
Further info about MPN and MAPs availability will be released early April.
- What's the difference between SBS2011 Standard and SBS 2011 Essentials?
You can learn more about this at the official SBS 2011 website, and on the SBS 2011 TechNet site.