The long anticipated update for Windows Phone 7 "NoDo" is finally available now. Microsoft earlier in the day updated its WP history page. But, user can get their hands with the update by just connecting their handset to computer and launch up the Zune software to start your update process.
The 'NoDo' update offers several new improvements for Windows Phone 7 users. Users will now be able to experience copy and paste features. Faster start amd resume times for apps. Improved category search in Marketplace and various performance tune ups.
Here's a quick look at what's available in "NoDo":
- "Copy and Paste: "In many cases you just tap a word, slide your finger to highlight any additional text, then tap the Copy icon. To insert this text in a message or app, just tap the spot where it should go, then tap the Paste icon."
- Faster apps and games: "Nobody likes to wait. That's why we've whittled down the time it takes for apps and games to start up and resume. It's all part of our focus on getting you to the things you love, easier and faster."
- One of the main criticisms of third party apps is speed and performance. Microsoft has significantly improved the amount of time that it takes to open apps and resume them. The update doesn't include full multi-tasking functionality but it'll improve the experience of switching between apps. Microsoft will ship multi-tasking with its "Mango" update later in the year.
- Better Marketplace search: "We've streamlined Marketplace search to make it easier to find specific apps, games, or music. Press the Search button in the apps or games section of Marketplace and you'll see only apps or games in the results."
- Wi-Fi improvements: "We now display your phone's Media Access Control (MAC) address in Settings. (You might need this info if you try to connect to a Wi-Fi network that uses MAC address filtering. To learn more, see Connect to a Wi-Fi network.) We've also removed the limit on the number of Wi-Fi profiles that you can store and reduced the time it takes to start your phone if you've stored lots of Wi-Fi profiles."
- Outlook improvements: "We've improved the experience of viewing iPhone photo attachments you receive from a non-Exchange-based email account (such as a Google Mail, Hotmail, or Yahoo! Mail account), using the Global Address List (GAL) when connecting to Exchange Server 2003 using Exchange ActiveSync, and working with email display names that contain brackets (for example, "David Alexander [Contoso]")."
- Messaging improvements: "We've improved the experience of receiving Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages if your phone uses a PIN-locked SIM."
- Facebook/Camera/Audio improvements: Microsoft has improved the experience of syncing Facebook accounts and the stability of switching between camera and video modes in the camera app. The company has also improved the use of Bluetooth headsets during calls or playing music and videos," revealed Microsoft.