This release includes an updated version of the WCF Data Services libraries that shipped with the .NET Framework 4 and Silverlight 4. The features and improvements supported in this release are:
- Relationship Links: WCF Data Services client and server libraries have been extended to represent the URIs that allow the client to address the relationships between related entities.
- Multi-Value properties: WCF Data Services client and server libraries have been extended to represent small unordered groupings of non-nullable primitive or complex types.
- EntitySet Resolver: Previous versions of WCF Data Services client library assumed that all entity sets reside under the same service root. This release updates the client library to allow the client to resolve entity sets to different URIs.
- Customizable feed update: WCF Data Services client and server libraries have been extended to support Entity Property Mapping to Atom link and category elements. In addition, these mappings may be conditional.
- Named streams: WCF Data Services has been extended to support having multiple named streams per entity as opposed to a Media Link Entry which can only represent one stream per entity.
- Prefer header: WCF Data Services client and server libraries have been extended to enable a client to state whether or not it would like the server to include a response payload for PUT, MERGE or POST operations. This's modeled after the HTTP Prefer RFC.
More Info: Download