Facebook today launched a new version of Insights for Websites to give you better analytics on how people interact with your content and to help you optimize your website in real-time.
- Like button analytics lets you access real-time analytics to optimize Like buttons across both your site and on Facebook. "We use anonymized data to show you the number of times people saw Like buttons, clicked Like buttons, saw Like stories on Facebook, and clicked Like stories to visit your website," said Facebook.
You can use this real-time data to test the impact of button placement on Like Button CTR or identify the Open Graph image that generates the highest Like Story CTR.
- Comments box analytics show the number of times people saw Comments Boxes, left comments, saw comment stories on Facebook, and clicked to see the content on your site.
- Popular Pages are now expanded to show you the top 100 pages that people are liking, commenting on, and sharing.
- Demographics information for the interactions that occur on your site and on Facebook display demographics for gender, age range, country, and language, and we count data on a per-interaction (not per-user) basis. This data is aggregated so no personally identifiable information can be accessed.
- Organic Sharing Insights is designed for websites that use social plugins, but even those that haven't yet implemented plugins can see how people are sharing links to your site in status updates and Wall posts. After you claim access, visit the "Shares" tab to see traffic generated from links copy-and-pasted into the Publisher or posting a link using the old Share functionality.