Google today released the full SDK for Android 3.0 to developers. The new API level is 11. Together with the new platform, the comapny released updates to SDK Tools (r10) and ADT Plugin for Eclipse (10.0.0).
Key features include:
- UI Builder improvements in the ADT Plugin:
- New Palette with categories and rendering previews.
- More accurate rendering of layouts to more faithfully reflect how the layout will look on devices, including rendering status and title bars to more accurately reflect screen space actually available to apps.
- Selection-sensitive action bars to manipulate View properties.
- Zoom improvements (fit to view, persistent scale, keyboard access).
- Improved support for <merge> layouts, as well as layouts with gesture overlays.
- Traceview integration for easier profiling from ADT.
- Tools for using Renderscript graphics engine: SDK tools now compiles .rs files into Java Programming Language files and native bytecode.
[tags]android 3.0,honeycomb,android sdk,sdk tools,adt plugin,adroid developers[/tags]