Microsoft has published a new article "A history of Internet Explorer" describing the history of the product as well as some nice geek trivia thrown in for good measure.
"It's the early 1990s. To send files, workers often mail floppy discs in padded envelopes or perhaps use a fax machine to transmit documents. If you want directions, you unfold a map and plot a route. If you want a telephone number, you leaf through a phone book. Relatively few people are using the global Internet. But the world is about to embrace the World Wide Web as new way of working, communicating, and finding information."
The time line for Internet Explorer versions is:
- August 1995: Internet Explorer 1.0
- November 1995 -- Internet Explorer 2.0
- August 1996 -- Internet Explorer 3.0
- October 1997 -- Internet Explorer 4.0
- March 1999 -- Internet Explorer 5.0
- August 2001 -- Internet Explorer 6.0
- October 2006 -- Internet Explorer 7.0
- March 2009 -- Internet Explorer 8.0
- September 2010 -- Internet Explorer 9.0 Beta
Here's the full article embedded under:
[tags]ie 1.0,ie 2.0.ie 3.0,ie 4.0,ie 5.0,ie 6.0.ie 7.0,ie 8.ie9,internert explorer 9,internet explorer 8[/tags]