Google Translate for iPhone app is available for download from the App Store. The new app has all of the features of the web app, plus some significant new additions designed to improve your overall translation experience. Translate words and phrases between more than 50 languages using Google Translate for iOS version 3 or later.
For most languages, you can speak your phrases and hear the corresponding translations.
- The app accepts voice input for 15 languages, and--just like the web app--you can translate a word or phrase into one of more than 50 languages. For voice input, just press the microphone icon next to the text box and say what you want to translate.
- You can also listen to your translations spoken out loud in one of 23 different languages. This feature uses the same new speech synthesizer voices as the desktop version of Google Translate we introduced last month.
- You can easily enlarge the translated text to full-screen size. This way, it's much easier to read the text on the screen, or show the translation to the person you are communicating with. Just tap on the zoom icon to quickly zoom in.
- And the app also includes all of the major features of the web app, including the ability to view dictionary results for single words, access your starred translations and translation history even when offline, and support romanized text like Pinyin and Romaji.
Full features include:
- Translate text between 57 languages
- Translate by speaking the text instead of typing it (15 languages)
- Listen to your translations spoken aloud (23 languages)
- Display translations in full screen mode to make it easier for others nearby to read
- Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you're offline
- Access your translation history even when you're offline
- Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc..) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
- View additional dictionary results for single words or short phrases
Download From: iTunes App Store (Free)
[tags]google translate for ios,speech synthesizer[/tags]