Nokia Labs today revealed a new user interface motif called "Bubbles."
Nokia Bubbles is just that -- bubbles that move around the handset's display. They're essentially shortcuts to other functions, such as unlocking the phone, viewing missed calls, accessing e-mail or viewing text messages. Bubbles appears when you press the "Apps" key while your device is in sleep mode (instead of the black screen with clock and unlock button). Simply grab a bubble and drag it to one of the available drop points to initiate the corresponding action.
Bubbles are available for the following actions:
- Unlock the phone
- View new messages
- View/Respond to missed calls
- Control the music player
- Control the FM radio
- Change profile (profile timing also supported)
- Call/Message your three best friends
- Activate the backlight to use as a flashlight
- Show your current location using Ovi Maps
- Change the background of the Bubbles screen
- Display when battery needs charging
- Display statistics about bubble speed and distance (just for fun)
More Info: Nokia Bubbles