Due to the size of the SBS 2011 Standard media (6.5Gb), downloading isn't available on the Volume Licensing Service Center, and is supported via media order only.
However, Microsoft has a dedicated large file download system partnering with Akamai to support our SBS 2011 Standard Evaluations. The great news is you can easily convert this evaluation version to a licensed version using Windows Activation.
Here's what you need to do if you want immediate access to SBS 2011 Standard through download and are a VLSC customer.
- Download the SBS 2011 Evaluation through the CARE system
- Install the evaluation onto your target server
- Logon on your VLSC account, and access your SBS 2011 Standard MAK key
- Click the Start menu on the server desktop, right click Computer, choose Properties, and then click the link under Windows Activation.
- Click Activate Windows online now, type your MAK product key, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
You now have a fully registered version of SBS 2011 Standard.
[tags]sbs 2011,windows activation,mak[/tags]