A Office blogs post comes as a handy rundown for students on how to take class notes on your phone and sync them to Windows Live SkyDrive--perfect for those moments when you're stuck in class (or a meeting) without a laptop.
Create a quick note:
- On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Office.
- Flick to OneNote, and then tap New note.
- A notes page appears, on which you can jot down your notes.
You can do the following:
- Tap Enter title to give the note a title.
- Tap the List icon to create a numbered list.
- Tap the Picture icon to take or insert a picture in the note.
- Tap the Audio icon to add audio to a note.
The notes are stored on your phone and your changes are saved automatically when you leave OneNote Mobile.
Sync notes to SkyDrive:
In addition to storing notes on your phone, you can sync your notes to the default OneNote notebook that's on SkyDrive so you can access the notes from any computer.
- On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Office
- Flick to OneNote, and then tap All.
- Tap Refresh.
- Tap Yes in the Sync with SkyDrive? message box. Wait while you're signed in with your Live ID.
Afterward, a personal notebook named Personal (Web) will be created in your My Documents folder on SkyDrive and synced on your phone.
- To ensure that this notebook syncs properly to SkyDrive, don't change the default notebook name from Personal (Web), and don't change the name of the Unfiled Notes section in the notebook.
- Before you can create and sync your default OneNote notebook, a Live ID must be set up on your phone, and you must accept the EULA for SkyDrive.
- A OneNote notebook that is larger than 50 megabytes (MB) can't sync to SkyDrive.