iDOS is back in the App Store as free offering. The DOS emulator, based on the open-source DOSBox, was able to run .EXE files, something that allowed iDOS users to fire up applications like the DOS-based Windows 95, extending the program beyond what was allowed by Apple.
In its current 2.0.1 guise, iDOS includes six pre-loaded games (Wolfenstein 3D, Duke I & II, Major Striker, SuperNova, and Kingdom of Kroz II), but you can't upload any other DOS programs to it using iTunes. This Apple-enforced inhibition has essentially made iDOS look all but useless from the outside, unless all you want to do is run Duke Nukem. But luckily, it doesn't stop there.
- PC compatible soft keyboard
- Mouse/Virtual Gamepad&Joystick
- Screen mode: Portrait/Landscape(Fullscreen)
- You can force 4:3 screen aspect ratio
- Customizable floating gamepad for fullscreen mode.
Download From: iTunes