comScore: Web-based Email Saw 6% Decline, Mobile Email Usage Grew by 36% in the U.S.

comScore today reporting the results from a study on U.S. consumers' evolving email behaviors, that "In November 2010, over 153 million people visited web-based email providers, decreasing 6% from the previous year. In terms of engagement, overall time spent in the email category declined 9%, while total pages viewed dropped 15%.And, during the same time […]

comScore today reporting the results from a study on U.S. consumers' evolving email behaviors, that "In November 2010, over 153 million people visited web-based email providers, decreasing 6% from the previous year. In terms of engagement, overall time spent in the email category declined 9%, while total pages viewed dropped 15%.

web base email stats:comscore nov.2010

web email demographic segment:comscore

And, during the same time period, 70.1 million mobile users (30% of all mobile subscribers) accessed email on their mobile, an increase of 36% from the previous year. Daily usage of email showed an even greater increase growing 40% as 43.5 million users turned to their mobile devices on a nearly daily basis for their email communication needs.

mobile email usage stats:comscore nov.2010

mobile usage demographic segment:comscore

[tags]web email,mobile email,market share[/tags]

[Source]