Microsoft has released the new CTP of its Windows 7-based operating system "Windows Embedded POSReady 7" to early adopters, tailored to the needs of companies in the retail and hospitality markets.
The Redmond company is looking for OEMs, ISVs, developers and retailers to download the latest CTP bits and start test driving the platform as soon as possible, in order to contribute with feedback to the development process.
Windows Embedded POSReady 7's new features includes
- Support for Windows Touch multi-gesture touch interfaces to provide employees with intuitive graphics while maintaining a simple and fast approach to transaction processes -- meaning a better overall experience for customers looking to speed through long checkout lines
- IE8 protected mode and phishing filter for increased security and Web connectivity
- Windows Media Player 12 for a seamless multimedia experience on POS devices
- AppLocker, a simple and flexible mechanism that allows admins to specify exactly what's allowed to run on their POS devices
- BitLocker, BitLocker To Go and Encrypting File System (EFS) for increased encryption of internal hard disks, local folders, and external thumb drives and hard disks, giving IT administrators greater protection of highly important data from unauthorized users or external attackers.
More Info: Download