Flixster: During Christmas to New Year "iOS Gorged 61.5%, Android 31.5%" Mobile App Installs

Flixster, the leading online destination for movie enthusiasts has given us some key details about their mobile installs during the Christmas to New Year's.Flixster achieved over a million installs on mobile devices in just a week. Of the 1,027,000 total installs during the week, 51% were on the iPhone, 10.5% iPad. The devices together 61.5% […]

Flixster, the leading online destination for movie enthusiasts has given us some key details about their mobile installs during the Christmas to New Year's.

Flixster achieved over a million installs on mobile devices in just a week. Of the 1,027,000 total installs during the week, 51% were on the iPhone, 10.5% iPad. The devices together 61.5% of Flixster's downloads to Apple's. Android, meanwhile got pleasantly plump with their 30.1%. RIM got the 7.9%. And Windows Phone 7 just 0.5%.

Flixster Christmas Stats for Mobile Apps

WP7's 0.5% equals to over 5,000 installs for the holidays. To put it another way, WinP7 total installs over the entire span were the same as what Apple was seeing every 90 minutes. And even RIM was seeing 10,000 installs per day.

Flixster also notes that their iPad app hit one million total users yesterday. It's the ninth Flixster platform to reach that milestone, Joe Greenstein says. The others are Flixster.com, RottenTomatoes.com, and their apps for Facebook, MySpace, iGoogle, iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry.

"We averaged more than 10,000 installs per day on four different mobile platforms this Christmas. And looking at the devices we expect to do well in 2011, that number could easily be 7 or even 8 next year," Greenstein says.

[tags]flixster,market share,usage stats,Xmas,new year[/tags]

[Source]