Welcome! 2011, and here's the upcoming Microsoft events schedule:
- CES 2011: Steve Ballmer kick-off CES keynoter on Jan'5 at 6:30 p.m. PT. Microsoft execs are remaining tight-lipped about what's on the agenda.
- Dynamics CRM 2011 virtual launch event is on Jan'20, for Microsoft's "CRM 5" release. The Online version of the product will be available in January; the on-premises version in the Q1'11.
- Mobile World Congress 2011: Feb.14-17 in Barcelona, Microsoft's expected to talk up some of its future update plans for Windows Phones at the show. Maybe we'll hear a bit about "Mango," the next release of the WP OS (possibly 7.5), some tipsters have said will deliver in-browser support for HTML5 and Silverlight.
- Microsoft MVP Summit invite-only, slated for Feb'28 to Mar'2 in Bellevue, Wash.
- Game Developers Conference 2011: Feb'28 to Mar'4 in San Francisco in 2011. Could Microsoft be ready to share more about its future plans for Kinect by February 28?
- Microsoft Management Summit 2011 Mar'2-25 in Las Vegas, will be dedicated to latest on all products and services management-related. Expect possible updates on Windows Intune, various System Center products, virtualization and more.
- Convergence 2011: Annual confab for Microsoft Dynamics ERP/CRM customers and partners is Apr'10-13 in Atlanta. There'll be news around the upcoming versions of Microsoft's four ERP suites, no doubt -- and maybe even some very early CRM 6 talk (?).
- Mix'11: Las Vegas, Apr'12-14. A beta of Silverlight 5 is one of the expectations for this year. Maybe we'll see the final Internet Explorer 9 release as well.
- TechEd 2011: May 16-19 in Atlanta. Maybe we'll hear more about the Office 365 rollout.
- E3 2011 game extravaganza, Jun'7-9 in Los Angeles. As usual, lots of Xbox, Xbox Live, games and game peripherals should be on the agenda.
- Worldwide Partner Conference 2011: Off to Los Angeles again this year for Microsoft's annual partner confab, taking place from July 11 to 14.
- Professional Developers Conference 2011: No dates or location on this one (yet), but many Microsoft watchers are expecting this year's PDC to be where Microsoft rolls out a public beta (or at least a Community Technology Preview) of Windows 8.
[tags]pdc,wpc,e3,teched,mix,mms,convergence,ces,mwc,summit,desktop games,pc games,schedule[/tags]