Microsoft responded to a questions "whether the Office Customization Tool can be used to install a Key Management Service key for a volume licensed version of Visio 2010 Standard?" The short answer is "yes".
If you've a license agreement for Visio Standard 2010 or Visio Professional 2010, you can enter appropriate KMS client key in the OCT when you perform an initial installation of Visio.
KMS client keys for Visio 2010 editions:
Visio Standard 2010: 767HD-QGMWX-8QTDB-9G3R2-KHFGJ
Visio Professional 2010: 7MCW8-VRQVK-G677T-PDJCM-Q8TCP
Visio Premium 2010: D9DWC-HPYVV-JGF4P-BTWQB-WX8BJ
To create a Setup customization .msp file to install Visio KMS key with OCT:
- Run OCT from the network installation point (shared network location that contains VS2010 or VP 2010 source files).
- From the root of the network installation point, run setup.exe /admin command line to start OCT. For e.g.:
- Select Visio product (VP 2010 32-bit in this example) that you want to configure, and then click OK
- In the left pane, click Licensing and user interface.
- In the right pane, select Enter another product key (shown below), and enter appropriate Visio KMS license key without spaces in the Product key text box. For e.g., for VP 2010, enter: 7MCW8VRQVKG677TPDJCMQ8TCP
- Click Save on the File menu, and then save Setup customization .msp file in Updates folder at the root of the network installation point for Visio (x86 folder in this example).