Google Chrome published a full year stats of the Chrome extensions gallery:
- Gallery has grown to over 8,500 extensions and 1,500 themes.
- A third of Chrome users have at least one extension installed.
- Over 70 million extensions and themes have been installed.
On the client side:
- New APIs like context menus, history, and cookies added
- Integration between extensions and HTML5 features like notifications and geolocation
- Extension sync, so your favorite extensions are always with you
- Native support for Greasemonkey user scripts
Also, the next Chrome release will add API support for omnibox and pinned tabs. And, popular requests like network interception and download management APIs, as well as new experimental APIs for sidebars and development tools are under development.