A quick update on WordPress 3.1 detailing the status of some of the new features as we approach the November 1st code freeze has been posted. The following features will more than likely be included in WordPress 3.1:
- Post Formats landed. "Allow denoting a post as a certain format. Some example formats are aside, gallery, link, quote. This'll allow themes to style these posts according to format."
- Theme Search/Filter is still sitting in rough first draft.
- Internal linking. "you click a button for an internal link . . . and it allows you to search for a post or browse a list of existing content by title, date, author, etc. and select it for inclusion."
- Admin Bar. "an administration bar similar to the one on WordPress.com."
- Ajaxified Admin. "makes most columns sortable, introduces a new pagination style, ajaxifies sortable columns, pagination & search"
- Update TinyMCE. Visual editor updated to TinyMCE 126.96.36.199. (ready to go)
- Multi-Taxonomy Queries. Allows users to query multiple taxonomies. (first round is in)
- Custom Post Type Index Pages. Provides an index for custom post type virtual directories. (first round is in)
- Cleanup Admin CSS. Cleans up "all admin CSS files to make them much easier to maintain, reduce bloat, consolidate extraneous files, and provide better support for admin color schemes." (will span two releases)
- QuickPress Function. Makes QuickPress a function useable by custom post types and themes. (first round is in)
- User Admin. Provides a more personal Dashboard; "a single endpoint for accessing profile information, cross-site preferences, a launching point for accessing all of a user's blogs, collation of stats across all of a user's blogs, a place for a multisite aware QuickPress, etc." (first round is in)
- Network Admin. Continued bug fixing. Moves "Super Admin menus and related pages out of the regular admin and into wp-admin/network/." (fixing bugs)