Smartphone Subscribers Tops Mobile Browser and App Usage - Males Lead But Females Gaining Ground On Smartphones In the US

comScore MobiLens service released a report on mobile application and browser usage among Smartphone subscribers. "In Aug, 75.6 million mobile subscribers ages 13 and older used downloaded app, with Smartphone users representing 60.4%, up from 43.6% in Aug'09. For the same period, 80.8 million mobile subscribers used their browser, with Smartphone subscribers comprising 55.5%, up […]

comScore MobiLens service released a report on mobile application and browser usage among Smartphone subscribers. "In Aug, 75.6 million mobile subscribers ages 13 and older used downloaded app, with Smartphone users representing 60.4%, up from 43.6% in Aug'09. For the same period, 80.8 million mobile subscribers used their browser, with Smartphone subscribers comprising 55.5%, up from 41.4% a year ago."

In Aug'10, males accounted for 56% of smartphone subscribers who used downloaded apps or browsers. Females however are narrowing the gap with the remaining 44%, representing a 5.5%tages point increase versus the corresponding Aug'09 period.

[Source]