Picasa v3.8 is released with lots of cool new features:
- Face movies create a movie based around one person both figuratively and literally. Instead of usual transition from one photo to next, images align themselves to the face in the photo. This creates an extremely smooth viewing experience which allows person in the photos to remain the focus rather than the transition effects themselves.
- Early in last month, Google integrated Picnik into Picasa Web Albums. And, now this functionality is extended to Picasa.
- This new version now support "batch upload from Picasa right to your Picasa Web Albums".
- Metadata updates (information stored inside of your image file) now including support of Color Management. Picasa will now read the metadata from your photo and present the photo in correct color space.
- Picasa also expanded support of XMP, which'll be presented in an easy and accessible way alongside your image in the Properties panel. You can find people, places and tags in this space as well.
- Finally, added under-the-hood updates such as improved support of external drives, increased efficiency of CPU usage, and improved settings when sharing with your Gmail contact groups.