Google finally begin rolling out update to Google Image Search to match the scope and beauty of this fast-growing visual web, and to bring to the surface some of the powerful technology behind Images. Here's what you get:
- Image Search Ads format launched and appear only on Google Images, let you include a thumbnail image alongside your lines of text.
- Dense tiled layout makes it easy to look at lots of images at once.
- Instant scrolling replaces pagination, you can now get up to 1,000 images, all in one scrolling page with using mouse scroll or keyboard shortcuts like Page Up / Page Down. Still shows page numbers "so you don't lose track of where you're".
- Larger thumbnail previews on results page designed for modern browsers and high-res screens.
- hover pane appears when you mouse over a thumbnail image, giving a larger preview, more info about the image and other image-specific features such as "Similar images. Clicking image, take you to a new landing page that displays large image, with the website it's hosted on visible right behind it.