Google and Apple rivalry "Apple removes 'Google' branding from iPhone 4 Safari"

The mobile advertising space is shaping up as the latest battleground between Apple and Google. “Google's Web browser, Chrome, competes with Apple's Safari and search giant's computer operating system, also called Chrome, and its Android mobile phone operating system also pose competition to Apple products. Also, Google launched a smartphone earlier this year, the “Nexus […]

The mobile advertising space is shaping up as the latest battleground between Apple and Google. “Google's Web browser, Chrome, competes with Apple's Safari and search giant's computer operating system, also called Chrome, and its Android mobile phone operating system also pose competition to Apple products. Also, Google launched a smartphone earlier this year, the “Nexus One,” as a rival to Apple's iPhone. And for mobile advertising, Apple previewed a new mobile ad platform called "iAd," that allows software developers or ad agencies to embed ads directly into apps being offered for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Jobs said Apple will sell & host ads and give developers 60% of the revenue while keeping remaining 40%. Forresters’ Julie Ask said Apple's iAds has "raised the bar on quality of mobile ads by keeping consumers within their existing app or experience." Rob Enderle of Silicon Valley's Enderle Group said "iAds looks brilliant to me and solidly in Google's space. "This’s something that Google should've done." “In another blow, Apple in their iPhone 4.0's Safari app, has removed "Google" branding from the search button by replacing it with "Search" text. While seemingly a minor detail, Apple has been said to be in discussions with Microsoft to replace Google as the default search engine on the iPhone. If this were to happen, Google would likely still be a user enable-able option,” notes Macrumors.

[Source | Source]