If you’ve ever tried to restore a PC that has been backed up by Windows Home Server, you’ll know that Windows Home Server sometimes complains that no Ethernet/Network drivers are available for that PC. Tranquil PC outline the instructions for finding the correct drivers, and have also collated a huge range of network drivers for a wide range of network interface cards:
[…]To copy drivers from a computer backup
- Connect to the Windows Home Server Console.
- On the Computers & Backup tab, click the computer that you need drivers for.
- Click View Backups.
- Select the most recent backup, and then click Open.
- Select a volume to open (any volume will work), and then click Open. A window opens showing the files and folders in the backup.
- Plug in your USB flash drive.
- Copy the Windows Home Server Drivers for Restore folder from the open window to your USB flash drive.
- Remove the flash drive, and then insert it into the computer that is being restored.
Now you can use the USB flash drive to install drivers for your computer’s hardware when restoring a computer. The drivers you are most likely to need during a computer restore are the network driver and the storage-device driver.
More info & Download: Tranquil PC