At Mobile World Congress 2010, Steve Ballmer unveiled the Windows Phones, Windows Phone 7 Series. Microsoft offers a fresh approach to phone software, distinguished by smart design and truly integrated experiences that bring to the surface the content people care about from Web and apps. Microsoft’ll now bring together Xbox LIVE games and Zune music and video experience on a mobile phone, exclusively on Windows Phone 7 Series. Windows Phone 7 Series includes six hubs built on specific themes reflecting activities that matter most to people:
- People hug delivers an engaging social experience by bringing together relevant content based on the person, including his or her live feeds from social networks and photos. It also provides a central place from which to post updates to Facebook and Windows Live in one step.
- Pictures hub makes it easy to share pictures and video to a social network in one step. Windows Phone 7 Series also brings together a user’s photos by integrating with Web and PC, making phone ideal place to view a person’s entire picture and video collection.
- Games hub delivers first and only official Xbox LIVE experience on a phone, including Xbox LIVE games, Spotlight feed and the ability to see a gamer’s avatar, Achievements and gamer profile. With more than 23 million active members around world, Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of friends, games and entertainment on Xbox 360, and now also on Windows Phone 7 Series.
- Music + Video hub creates an incredible media experience that brings best of Zune, including content from a user’s PC, online music services and even a built-in FM radio into one simple place that’s all about music and video. Users can turn their media experience into a social one with Zune Social on a PC and share their media recommendations with like-minded music lovers. The playback experience is rich and easy to navigate, and immerses listener in the content.
- Marketplace hub allows user to easily discover and load phone with certified applications and games.
- Office hub brings familiar experience of world’s leading productivity software to Windows Phone. With access to Office, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace all in one place, users can easily read, edit and share documents. With additional power of Outlook Mobile, users stay productive and up to date while on the go.
Partners from around the world have committed to include Windows Phone 7 Series in their portfolio plans. They include mobile operators AT&T, Deutsche Telekom AG, Orange, SFR, Sprint, Telecom Italia, Telef