Google Maps Labs is a testing ground for experimental features that aren't quite ready for primetime. They may change, break or disappear at any time. Just visit Google Maps, and click the green glass bar at the top right corener and you get a chance to enable following features:
- Drag ’n’ Zoom: Click the Drag-and-Zoom button, then draw a box on the map to immediately zoom into that place.
- Aerial Imagery: Available for certain areas, aerial imagery “gives you rotatable, high-resolution overhead imagery presented in a new perspective.”
- Back to Beta: This will simply add a “Beta” icon to the Maps logo.
- Where in the World Game: Guess the name of the country from satellite imagery.
- Rotatable Maps: This puts north facing downwards, for instance.
- What’s Around Here?: This will trigger a search for anything (“*”), showing the top places for a given location.
- LatLng Tooltip: Shows the latitude/ longitude of where your cursor is positioned.