Here're some Google Calendar features that will help make your life easier:
- Tasks: Make a to-do list! Activate tasks by clicking Tasks calendar listed under My calendars. You'll see Tasks pane expand on the right. Attach a due date to an existing task by clicking right arrow next to the task, then clicking on calendar icon to select a date.
- Event time zones feature is great if you're traveling for the holidays. Use it to plan events in whatever time zone you'll be in, or even schedule flights with different departure and arrival time zones.
- SMS notifications: After registering your mobile phone, set SMS reminders for individual events within the event page, or create default SMS notifications so you won't miss a thing.
- Quick Add helps you create events on your calendar. Just click Quick Add link and type details of your event (like "Study group at 6PM tomorrow in Gilchrist Hall") and Quick Add will pop the event on your calendar.
- Background image: Change your calendar background to something festive by first enabling the Lab, and then going to Calendar settings to choose your image.