Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 is a collection of games and programs that you interact with using your fingers, and to use you need either a laptop with a screen that supports multitouch or a desktop PC connected to a touchscreen that supports multitouch (including all-in-one PCs with touchscreens). Until now, “Touch Pack comes preinstalled on some multitouch PCs running Windows 7, and will soon be available for download. It's not included in Windows 7,” reads the official site. Touch Pack includes six games and programs that highlight capabilities of Windows Touch:
- Microsoft Blackboard, an intricate game of physics in which you solve a puzzle by creating a fanciful machine on a blackboard.
- Microsoft Garden Pond, a tranquil game that takes place in serene Japanese water gardens.
- Microsoft Rebound, a game in which you use your fingertips to move Tesla balls with an electrical field between them to catapult a metal game ball into your opponent's goal.
- Microsoft Surface Globe, that you can use to explore earth as a flat 2-D map or as an immersive 3-D experience.
- Microsoft Surface Collage, that you can use to explore and interact with your photos and arrange them as a desktop background.
- Microsoft Surface Lagoon, screen saver and interactive water simulation, complete with a meditative rock arrangement and playful, shy fish. Use your fingers to manipulate water and have school of fish respond.