Google Wave begin support for groups, currently, you can add a Google Group to a wave. Unlike other group conversations, however, group waves will only show up in Google Wave, not in Google Groups interface.
Steps to do it:
- If you don’t already have, then first create a Google Group; When creating a group, note that most of the settings of Groups are respected. You’ll have to add Wave users with their firstname.lastname@example.org address (later support for getting email@example.com will come). Under 'Appearance' setting, chose an image that’ll help you identify group in Wave. Learn more here.
- Add new group into your contact list, Click '+' button in lower right corner of contacts panel, type in name of group (including @googlegroups.com) and hit 'Submit'.
- Add group to a wave, just like any of your other contacts.
- Find waves with your group, either by clicking on group's contact and then on "Group Waves" button or by searching for "group:firstname.lastname@example.org". To create a quick shortcut to get to these, try saving your search! More info here.
- Follow group waves! using follow feature to make them appear in your inbox when they're updated.