Windows 8 is shaping up to be a pretty ambitious release thus so far, as the Windows 8-related content! revealed:
- Windows 8 is going to contain a new Hibernate/Resume Integration API and a new TLZ file (or TLA, or "Temporal Logic of Actions") compression engine. More specific info in online resume of former Microsoft SDE intern.
- PatchGuard prevents you from patching the kernel, and is apparently going to make life even a little more difficult for hackers and anti-virus companies as well, perhaps. More info here.
- Windows 8 Server making Datacenters feel as Safe as Hiding Under a BlanketWindows8, and integrate well into standards organizations such as the FCIA, T10, T10, SNIA, and T13. More info here.
- Authored DA setup guide, a complete guide for setting up DA that was used by several customers and other teams internal to Microsoft for configuring their DA environments. More info here.
- Windows 8 containing a new, "next-generation graphical user interface framework," here’s another employee working on the Windows 8 UI.
- Windows 8 Server (Win8 Server: Windows Application Server) codename "Dublin" is Comin' for YOU.
- Windows 7 saw some great RDP enhancements - and if Windows 8 is going to be as big of a release as it appears.