How do you know if your site has unwittingly become a malware vector? The search engine crawlers (bots) have seen it all. They see the attempted effort to inject malware in drive-by attacks as they crawl the Web. While the bots themselves don’t get infected, they do note the source of the infection attempt in their database. Bing Webmaster tools offer a peek at what the bot found when crawling your webpages.
- Login or register account on Bing Webmaster Center
- Authenticate your website to set up your account and register your site(s)
- Once your site’s registered & authenticated, log in to the tools
- Click registered site you want to investigate from Site List page, click Crawl Issues tool tab
- Select Malware Infected from Select Issue Type drop down list
- Any infected pages detected by MSNBot, will identifed by file name
- Also click on Outbound Links tool tab and select Show only outbound links to malware check box to see if you’re linking to any indexed, malware-infected pages on other sites.