A handy guide to hacking android for multitouch web browsing on the T-Mobile G1. This update will also give you all the new Android 1.1 firmware features, so if you haven't received your over-the-air update from T-Mobile yet, wait no more and follow our guide. And on top of the added multitouch features, the hacked ROM you're going to install will also include handy root access to your G1 for further hacking.
- Your G1
- USB cord
- JFv1.41_RC33.zip-an Android RC33 ROM With Multitouch assembled by a nice chap that goes by the name of JesusFreke.
- An old RC29 ROM (with root access bug)
- An Android recovery image
- A micro-SD card reader (maybe, if you mess things up)
- The Android SDK (for installing more multitouch demos)