If you want to control which content gets indexedm you block them in your robots.txt file, or add a meta tag exclusion within the <head> tag of your HTML page for exclusion:
<metaname="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
However, if the page is still alive in the Live Search index cache, here’s the steps to have URLs removed more quickly:
- To remove a URL at the next crawl, leverage your robots.txt file to ensure that the page to be removed displays a 404 file not found error.
- Fill out Live Search Support form.
- select Content Removal Request from the form’s drop-down list. Select one of these resulting options for removal:
- Remove my content for pemanent URL removal. For reindexing, you’ll need to fill out a Content Inclusion Request from.
- If you only, want to remove cached page, select Cache removal. Note this’ll not remove URL.
- Submit URL(s), the query used to find the URL, complete the rest of the form, and then click Submit.