- In a Web Browser, go to http://hpserver (or whatever name you gave to your HP MediaSmart Server). This will open up the home server’s website front page.
- Select HP Photo Publisher – You may get a certificate warning, which you can safely ignore – just select “Continue to this Website”
- Enter your login details – Type in your username and password for the home server.
- Select Facebook – You’ll be given a choice of a number of photo sharing communities – select Facebook to continue.
- Log On to Facebook – The first time you access Facebook with your HP MediaSmart Server, you must authorise the home server to access your Facebook account.
To do this, select Log On and a new browser window will open, in which you should enter your Facebook username and password. Once you’ve logged in, you can go ahead and close the browser window, then select Next in the HP Photo Publisher page.
- Decide which album you want to publish to – You can upload to an existing album or create a new one.
- Select your photos to upload – Your files and folders will be displayed on screen. Navigate to and select the photos you want to upload to Facebook.
- Files will upload – A progress screen will keep you updated on uploading events.
- Approve or Reject the Uploaded Photos – One additional step with Facebook is that photos have to be approved before showing on your Facebook page. When the photos are uploaded, Facebook will open up in your browser window, and you can then approve the photos you’ve just uploaded.
- Share your photos – Once approved, you can share your photos on Facebook with the world!