Windows Live Wire reports that the Hotmail has updated the new Hotmail to scroll like the old one did. To make your Hotmail scroll like classic Hotmail, you’ll need to turn the reading pane off:
- Click the Inbox folder.
- Click Options (upper-right, below the sign-out link).
- Under Reading pane settings, click Off.
We’re also including other fixes. Here are a few highlights, and thanks for suggesting them:
- When you’re done choosing contacts to send your message to, click anywhere outside the contact picker window to close it and go back to typing your message.
- We fixed an issue where some users couldn’t select the last contact in the list.
- Holding down the Shift key and clicking a message in the inbox now opens that message in a new window, as it did in the past.
- We’ve changed the links in the header at the top to match the rest of Windows Live and point to more great Windows Live services.
In addition, a Web Messenger is now built into Hotmail, now you can open a conversation window with your Messenger contacts from within Hotmail (popping up a new window).