Steve Jobs unveil the new laptops “13-inch MacBook”, “15-inch MacBook Pro”, and a MacBook Air with better graphics, and a new LED Cinema Display “made especially for a MacBook.”
The new 13-inch MacBook: The new MacBook 2.4GHz model, comes with features you’d expect from a MacBook Pro, like an LED-backlit display. Pricing of the new models is $1299 for the 2.0GHz model and $1,599 for the $2.4GHz model. One of the best moves Apple could have made was to drop the price of the white 13-inch MacBook (no aluminum casing) to $999.
New MacBook Features:
- Built from “a solid block of aluminum” - in other words, it should be durable (no more plastic).
- Illuminated keyboard (only 2.4 GHz model)
- New trackpad is one big button - no longer is there a button at the bottom of the trackpad for clicking — just click anywhere
- Improved graphics (powered by NVIDIA)
- Multi-Touch trackpad
- Improved graphics (still powered by NVIDIA)
- Updated keyboard
- New glass touch-pad (with multi-touch)
- Made from a solid piece of aluminum