This post discusses the steps to share a specific sub-folder in his Windows Home Server Music share (WHS share) with a third-party system /device, rather than the entire Music folder itself. So, if you want to share a specific sub-folder of a WHS share with a device, rather than the folder itself, here’s how:
- Remote into your WHS using Remote Desktop.
- Run compmgmt.msc in remote desktop
- Select Shared Folder from the left (under system tools).
- Select Shares on the right.
- Click share a folder in the toolbar.
- Set the folder path to D:\shares\Music\FLAC
- Chose a share name and description.
- Choose a permissions setting.
- Click finish twice.
- Try accessing the new share from outside remote desktop. Ex: \\SERVER\FLAC