Chaitanya summarize some of the feedback and thoughts expressed and also provides some more engineering / design context for some of the challenges expressed. First it is worth just reinforcing a few points that came up that were consistently expressed:
- Many of you agree that the Notification Area needs to be more manageable and customizable.
- We received several comments about rearranging taskbar buttons. This speaks to the need for a predictable place where taskbar buttons appear as well as your desire for more control over the taskbar.
- There were comments that talked about Quick Launch being valuable, but that it could stand to be an even better launching surface (e.g. larger by default or more room).
- Thumbnails are valuable to many of you, but their size doesn’t always help you find the window you are looking for. There is interest in a better identification method of windows that consistently provided the right amount of information.
- Better scaling of supported windows was discussed. This includes optimizing the taskbar for more windows and spanning multiple displays.