Until now the iPhone has allowed users to view Excel and Numbers files since its launch, but the users have not been to create or edit them. The aptly named Spreadsheet application is launched, claiming to be the first Excel-like program, that brings modifiable spreadsheets feature to iPhone.
Included among Spreadsheet’s features are:
- Multiple cell types, including Numeric, Date, Time, Currency, Percentage and Text
- Cell formatting options, including bold, italic, text and background color, cell sizes and alignments.
- Copy/cut/paste operations.
- A range of functions, including date/time, math, statistical, string and trigonometric functions.
- Export (via email) to external spreadsheet applications.
The Spreadsheet application is available for $7.99 (iTunes link).