Getting included in Google News can drive a ton of traffic. But, Google News isn’t for every website or business strategy. Shimon Sandler and Website Magazine listed the factors that’ll help you get accepted in Google news, or Yahoo News. Here’re the main factors to consider before you submit to getting accepted:
- Make sure your site content is unique;
- Multiple Authors (Create an “Authors” page of the writers, editors, etc).
- Organization info: Contact info, About Us.
- Homepage/Logo should clearly state what industry segment you cover (music, sports, finance, etc.).
- Use a news template/theme for a blog.
- Article URL’s should consist of at least 3 digits, and appear static not dynamic. For examples, just mouse over the URL’s on the homepage of Google News.
- Author’s name on each article.
- Article Title should be the same on the H1/H2 and Title tag.
- Article Frequency: Publish 3 times per day.
- Images & Video are good. They should be contained within the article.
- Advertising on site is good. It show’s there is visitor traffic.
- Add your site to Google news for mobile devices.