The August 2008 Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update has been released that fixes “Black screen of death” issues.
“One Key Recovery 5.0 was incompatible with Windows Vista, and in this sense the reason for the black screen of death which followed the reboot after an SP1 installation on top of Vista RTM. The fix is only provided for Vista, although Windows XP SP3 is also affected. “Windows Vista Application Compatibility Updates are cumulative. Each update contains all the improvements that were included in previous application compatibility updates,” Microsoft added.
- Update for Windows Server 2008 (KB954336)
- Update for Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based Systems (KB954336)
- Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (KB954336)
- Update for Windows Vista (KB954336)
- Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB954336)