Microsoft Live Search is set to roll out Olympics related features, which’ll go live at the end of Friday, reported Eileen Chang from Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, representing Microsoft Live Search. The features will be sepcifically available in the US only, while Athlete Instant Answer and Medal Count Instant Answer will be available in some selected countries and regions.
- Olympics 2008 news scope, available in Live Search News at http://news.live.com gives readers up-to-date coverage with additional elements such as Olympics 2008 news images.
- Olympian xRank, available at http://xrank.live.com gives fans a way to track the popularity of their favorite athletes. For example, Michael Phelps jumped from number 19 to number one in the matter of 24 hours, yesterday to today.
- Olympics Videos are available at http://video.live.com when customers search “Olympics.”
- The Live.com Homepage will rotate Olympics images in the background for the duration of the games.
- Athlete Instant Answer will feature profiles of Olympians as searchers type in the first and last names of the athlete in search queries. For instance, fans can search “Shawn Johnson” or “LeBron James.”
- Medal Count Instant Answer will provide an “all up” medal count by country, sport, or by country and sport when searchers type in Olympics-related keywords in search queries. For instance, fans can search terms like “Olympics swimming,” Olympics China” or “China gymnastics.”