The Live Mesh Team announced the release of “Live Mesh software: 0.9.3103.9” & “Live Desktop: 0.9.3103.9” — “We are making Live Mesh available to more people and we’ve greatly streamlined the sign-up process. We’ve also made a number of general performance improvements. See below for the details, and thank you for using Live Mesh.”
Unlimited invites, wow! Now you can really invite all your friends and family members! To do so open a folder you’ve added to Live Mesh, click Members in the mesh bar, then click Add. You can enter any e-mail address to invite, it doesn’t have to be a Windows Live ID. However, to use Live Mesh a Windows Live ID will be necessary.
Like with any Live Mesh update, if you initially installed Live Mesh with UAC enabled you may have to turn it on again to install this update. If you would like to permanently remove the UAC requirement follow the steps, given by the team, below:
- Turn User Account Control on.
- Remove the device from your mesh:
- Go to your Devices page, then click the device you want to remove.
- Click the Options menu next to the device's name, then click Remove device from Live Mesh.
- Uninstall Live Mesh:
- On the taskbar, click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click Live Mesh.
- Click Yes.
- Turn User Account Control off.
- Re-add the device:
- Go to your Devices page, click Add Device, then click Install.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the Live Mesh software.
- Once installation is complete, you'll be asked to sign in again using your Windows Live ID.
- In the Add Device dialog box, type a personalized name for your device (or use the default name, which is your computer name).
- Click Add Device.
- Synchronize your folders with your device again.