If you see an unexpected increase in clicks or impressions on your Yahoo paid search account? Reggie Davis, VP, Marketplace Quality over at Yahoo! Traffic Quality Center rolled out new updated features to help you troubleshoot click spikes, plus, a form that will let you submit an request for an investigation by Yahoo!. Under the Click Investigation Tab at the Traffic Quality Center, you’ll now find information:
The updates include:
- A submission form to initiate a click investigation
- Ask Ace“: A new question-and-answer column written by one of our traffic quality experts.
- Animation on the homepage highlighting our stance on “bad clicks.” Refresh your browser to watch different versions.
Reggie explains, it’s normal for click or impression volume to fluctuate in many keyword markets. These fluctuations can be based on a variety of market conditions or changes to your campaign or account.
Here are examples of different things that could cause a spike in impressions or clicks:
- Changes to an ad’s ranking in search results
- A change to the match type used for your ads
- Keyword seasonality
- A new distribution partner added to the Yahoo! network
- Yahoo! Buzz placement, where searches on certain popular keywords can be performed directly from the page content.
- Yahoo! Front Page placement, where searches on certain popular keywords can be performed directly from the page content