At Tech Ed IT Professional Conference, it was announced that Forefront Client Security will offer an array of support for Windows Server 2008. The FCS agent can now provide support for Windows Server, including Server Core, and native integration for Network Access Protection. A new NAP-FCS integration kit is now available for download here. FCS will also provide support for Hyper-V upon its release.
Here is a bullet point list of the new support:
· Agent protection of Windows Server 2008 – Server and Core.
· NAP integration.
· Hyper-V, upon its release.
· Agent protection of cluster servers.
· Agent protection of Home editions of Vista, XP Sp2 and XP Sp3.
· Agent protection of Vista Sp1.