This is an updated version of the System Preparation tool (Sysprep.exe) for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3, as contained within the file deploy.cab.
The Windows XP System Preparation tool enables administrators to prepare Windows XP system images as part of an automated deployment. You can use the System Preparation tool to perform the following tasks in a manner that is supported by Microsoft:
- Prepare Windows for duplication from one computer to another computer.
- Change security identifiers (SIDs) and other system and configuration settings to make them unique.
- Configure user-specific information to be customized by the end-user when Windows starts the first time.
- Create images of operating systems.
- Duplicate disks.
- Automate the Windows mini-Setup program.
- Perform auditing tasks.