Betsy Schiffman over at Wired blog has complied a list of Ex-Google employees, who’re currenlty running their own start-ups or joining new companies.
[…]high-level Googlers are blowing the joint. Sheryl Sandberg, Ethan Beard (right) and Justin Rosenstein are just a few big name defectors -- and recruiters say there is little Google can do to stop the exodus.
To name just a few:
- Gokul Rajaram, the "Godfather of AdSense," is working on a stealth startup. Can't talk about it now, but he says he can in the third quarter.
- Louis Monier, Anna Patterson, Russell Power are working on a search service called Cuill (pronounced "cool") -- it's said to index the web more economically than Google. Uses a web crawler called "twiceler."
- Jason Liebman, Sanjay Raman and Daniel Blackman co-founded HowCast, a network of "how to" videos. The
paircompany has apparently raised $8 million in funding.
- Steffen Mueller started a "search engine community" called Topicle.
- Vanessa Fox left Google for real estate search site Zillow.
- Dan Daugherty is heading RentBits, a real estate rental site. He's got support from fellow ex-Googler Tim Moynihan, who is COO of the site.
From Vanessa Fox to Kevin Fox, Biz Stone to Evan Williams, Jess Lee and others. An “attack against the mother ship,” as Henry Blodget called it.
Google, Employees, Ventures