Rick Drasch has updated Windows Home Server add-in, Recorded TV Manager to version 3.4.5, as well as releasing a new add-in suite for Vista Media Center, called MCE Collections.
Recorded TV Manager comes with the following changes:
Version 3.4.5 Posted March 24, 2008
- Startup Requirements- Improved the startup code regarding problems running the programincluding extended error reporting in the local eventlog.
- PERFORM_STARTUP_CHECK - Each time the client application starts it performs a consistency check between the Series Info database and the current state of recordings on the network. The reason for that is because outside agents such as Media Center, Windows Explorer and other programs are constantly changing things. You can skip the consistency check to start the program faster:
- From the Start menu on the client machine select Run and type Regedit, then click OK. (In Windows Vista select All Programs >> Accessories.)
- Navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Drasch Computer Software\Recorded TV Manager WHS Client
- Add a new string variable named PERFORM_STARTUP_CHECK and set its value to “False“
- Close Regedit.
- The default value for PERFORM_STARTUP_CHECK is True. If you skip the startup consistency checks, sometimes the program will get a little confused. Click the Refresh button to refresh the display and run the consistency checks. Use the Refresh button often, especially if the program is running for extended periods of time when there is AutoCopy activity.
- MCECollections - Provides support for MCECollections Beta 1 - Play Next add-in for Vista Media Center. See here for more information.
MCE Collections is a new add-in suite for Vista Media Center which will provide access and control over your recorded TV collection as defined by Recorded TV Manager Add-in for Windows Home Server. Play Next is the first of these functions and it provides an easy-to-use add-in to the Vista Media Center user interface to play the next episode in a recorded TV series collection, regardless as to where it is stored on the Home Server network.
WHS, Windows Home Server, Add-in, Addin, Recorded TV Manager, MCE Collections, Beta