Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 takes the Web experience beyond the page and introduces a new way to seamlessly experience the power of the Web whether you are a Web developer writing to standards, or an end user discovering a new online service. This beta release is available to everyone, but is primarily for Web developers and designers to test the new tools, layout engine, and programming enhancements.
When not developing your web site, you can click the Emulate IE7 button in the command bar to browse the web like you did in IE7. Internet Explorer 8 can be installed on Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Downloads are available from the following locations:
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 (working)
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Windows Vista x64 Edition and Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (working)
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Window XP SP2 (working)
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Windows Server 2003 SP2 (working)
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64 Edition and Windows XP SP2 Pro x64 Edition (working)
- Internet Explorer Team Blog
- Internet Explorer site
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 Release Notes
- Release Notes
- New and exciting features
Microsoft, Internet Explorer 8, IE8, Beta, Browser, Download