Omar Shahine, a Lead Program Manager for Hotmail has apparently had his email account hijacked. Omar posted this tonight:
What do you do when some one:
- hacks into your account
- changes your password
- changes your secret question
- changes your "alternate email address"
- changes all your profile information
- sets up mail forwarding to another account
- Turn on the exclusive junk filter (deleting all your email)
- Deletes your life (email, contacts etc)
That is what I found this evening. I believe that some one managed to issue a password reset command to my account and then somehow logged in and reset my password essentially owning my data.
Microsoft, Hotmail, Live ID, Email, Hijack