Found on 43 Folders:
- Thou shalt not use it: Eh.. ok, cross this one out.
- Thou shalt not make yourself available 24/7: not chatting every moment means you'll have more to talk about when you see your friends in real life.
- Thou shalt not expect a response: the beauty of IM is that it lets you have "slow conversations".
- Thou shalt not send urgent requests: if you're not willing to make a phone call, then maybe it's not a real emergency.
- Thou shalt not be a buddy slut: you spend 80 percent of your chat time with 20 percent of your buddies.
- Thou shalt not broadcast your [Messenger address]: this keeps your buddy list short and prevents stalkers from creeping you out.
- Thou shalt not forward chat messages to your phone: this is the electronic dog leash feature. If you have it on, turn it off now. Free yourself, run wild, and go play!
IM, Instant Messaging